Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Staying at home is hard work

Whoever says stay at home moms don't do anything all day should be shot. I work harder at home than when I had an office job and I have more responsibility and less pay. LOL!

I am running a household and 2 businesses. My Ebay part-time and my husband's lawn service part-time and I also take care of my mom - in a sense. I have 4 sisters but I am the only one who lives closest to her so all the responsibility again falls on me. She fell in her home the other day so I had to rush to the hospital and be with her, take care of her afterwards and drive her to her follow-up appointment with her doctor and do her groceries. There are not enough hours in the day. At the end of the day, I don't even have enough time to make a card or scrapbook and I'll be home for almost 3 months now. My mother-in-law seems to think I have all the time in the world and I'm not looking for a job but spend my entire day on Facebook. Yeah right!

I've done one page in all that time and the one page took me all of 15 minutes; I made a pocket page to hold my son's Valentine's cards from school. It was really simple and I used some of my scrap paper. We - or I should say -he made a special card for his teacher all by himself. he did a great job on it too. He stamped it and colored it in with Martha Stewart glitter markers. I'm so proud. He was home sick one day last month and completed all his Valentine's cards and this card for his teacher. Gotta go, the laundry is calling my name.


No comments:

Post a Comment